S A W Y E R B A I R D
My love for photography began at a young age... there has always been something so special and meaningful about looking at photographs and reliving moments that tell the stories of our lives.
I began assisting on weddings and shoots when I was sixteen years old for photographers in the Atlanta area. I soon after decided to attend Savannah College of Art and Design. At SCAD I studied fashion photography, editorial work, photojournalism, and interior design. During this time I was introduced to film photography again. I quickly fell back in love with film photography and the process. For the first time since being a photographer I felt like an artist too. Every photography became so intentional. It was a pivotal moment for myself and the puzzle pieces quickly fell together.
Sawyer Baird was branded in 2014. Today my approach to my work is with an artistic, fine art, and yet documentary approach.
For my clients I strive to preserve timeless memories for you + your family for years and years to come.
While my main focus is weddings I take on a limited about of lifestyle, food, and interior work a year. Please visit HERE for my lifestyle, food, and interior work.
My work has been featured in print in The Knot, Southern Weddings, Utterly Engaged, and Cottage Hill. Online features found on Style Me Pretty, Brides, Martha Stewart Weddings, 100 Layer Cake, Wedding Sparrow, The Huffington Post, Carats & Cake, among others. You can see more press HERE.
F U N F A C T S :
• I live in ATLANTA georgia.
• I AM A TOTAL CAT LADY... HEMINGWAY + ZARA ARE MY children.
• GOOD DESIGN + AESTHETICS MAKE ME HAPPY.
• i'd rather be walking cobble stone streets with a coffee in hand.
• i'm inspired by old photographs and the sea.
• I actually love sports + can get into any game, race, or competitive event.
• i grew up in the small sweet town of dahlonega georgia in the blue ridge mountains.
• I LOVE TO COOK AND LISTEN TO JAZZ music on the record player.
• I'm very passionate about helping others and meaningful relationships.
• i'm a whiskey, tequila, or gin kinda gal.
• when I travel for myself the less plans I have the better.
• I celeb crush on my main man, jimmy fallon.
VISIT MY PERSONAL BLOG, HERE!